Fire Station 30 Phase 2 Remodel
Prebid Date11/20/19 9:00 am
Bid Date12/10/19 1:00 pm
Company & Contacts
Ventura County Fire Protection District
Paul Bell - email@example.com - 805-901-6430
David Kirby - firstname.lastname@example.org - 805-910-0256
325 W. Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360.
NOTICE INVITING BIDS – Issue Date: November 6, 2019
Sealed bids will be received in the bid box at the Ventura County Fire Protection District’s (VCFPD) main office located at 165 Durley Ave, Camarillo, CA 93010 not later than 1:00 PM (PST) December 3, 2019 for VCFPD’s Fire Station 30 Phase 2 Remodel Project located at 325 W. Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360. Issue date of
this Notice is November 6, 2019.
General Description of the Work: In general, the Work to be performed for Fire Station 30 Phase 2 Remodel Project is defined by the Contract Documents and consists of the items of Work listed below including all Work shown upon the Construction Drawings, Technical Specifications and all other Trade Contract Documents concerning this Work as required for the complete installation of all Work in accordance with the Specifications, or in Change Order, inclusive of all labor, tools, materials, incidentals, equipment, supervision, management, administration, testing, and all other necessary services, as defined by the Contract Documents. The Work to be performed by the Contractor is further delineated, but not limited to all items below. All items referenced below shall be considered by the Contractor and shall be included in the Total Lump Sum Bid.
PROJECT OVERVIEW: The Work of this Project is generally limited to the western half of the building that contains the dormitory, day room, kitchen and exterior courtyard. Contractor’s scope of work and services shall include the following:
1. Demolition of exterior building walls, concrete saw-cutting and associated sitework to make room for new building additions and covered exterior patio conversion.
2. Removal of roof system down to plywood sheathing and demolition of portions of roof structure.
3. Demolition of rooftop mechanical units, duct work, plumbing and electrical.
4. Removal of all ceiling and floor finishes, including ceiling grid system, light fixtures, registers, and the like.
5. Demolition of interior partitions, bathroom, kitchen, counters and fixtures.
6. Furnish and install new interior partitions, doors, windows/glazing, casework, finishes, counters, and fixtures for 6 new individual dorms, 3 restrooms, kitchen and day room.
7. Furnish and install new electrical, HVAC systems and equipment, and exterior windows.
8. Furnish and install new fire sprinkler system in the area of Work, connecting to existing branch line from eastern half of building.
9. Owner-furnished Contractor-installed items include three refrigerators, one microwave, washer & dryer and 48” cooking range with hood.
Awarded Contractor shall be solely responsible for the means and methods, procedures and all requirements to complete the Work for this Project.
Competency of Bidders: All bidders must meet all of the following minimum bid qualification requirements. All bidders shall be required to complete a “Contractor’s Questionnaire” that will be included in the bid documents.
1. The bidding entity must have been established for a minimum of twelve consecutive months. Bidders shall possess a valid Class B California Contractor’s License, as defined by state law and must maintain said license for the duration of the Project.
2. The bidding entity must have successfully performed work of similar nature and complexity in accordance with accepted practices and standards.
3. Bidder, its Responsible Managing Owner (RMO) or its Responsible Managing Employee (RME), must have successfully completed a minimum of five similar construction projects.
4. The bidding entity, its RMO, or its RME shall not have been removed from construction projects for failure to perform or default on contract within the past five (5) years. Successful removal from any project shall be considered possible cause for disqualification from this Project.
VCFPD projects are subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by Department of Industrial Relations and as such, contractors and all subcontractors that bid or work on its projects must comply with the requirements of Labor Code section 1771.1(a), pertaining to registration of contractors. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.dir.ca.gov/Public-Works/PublicWorks.html
Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference is scheduled for November 20 2019 @ 9:00 AM at Fire Station 30 project site, 325 W. Hillcrest Drive in Thousand Oaks. The meeting will be held for the purpose of answering any questions concerning the project. If a potential bidder(s) cannot make this scheduled meeting for a good cause as determined by VCFPD, an alternate meeting may be scheduled that will substitute for the mandatory one.
This project’s estimated cost of construction is $2,100,000.
Liquidated Damages for delay are $1,600.00 per calendar day.
Bid Documents are available to bidders starting November 6, 2019 and will be issued at:
Coast Reprographics (Attn: Brian Ehler)
1710 Donlon Street, #2, Ventura, CA 93003
Phone: (805) 642-5898
Each bidder may purchase Plans and Specifications for a non-refundable amount of $50.00 per set, if picked up from Coast Reprographics (Coast) at the above address. Any shipping and handling costs shall be the responsibility of the bidder. Arrangements for receipt and payment for the Bid Documents shall be made directly with Coast. Contact Coast at the number above to place an order prior to pick up or access their Plan Room at: http://www.coastplanroom.com/public.php for electronic download.
Send Technical Questions and Requests for Clarifications to Paul Bell at email@example.com and David Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org . Fax to 805/ 383-4780.
Bids must be submitted on the proposal form furnished with the Bid Documents. Each bid must be accompanied by a bid guarantee in the amount of not less than 10% of the amount bid, PAYABLE TO THE VENTURA COUNTY FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT and guaranteeing that the bidder will enter into a contract in accordance with the terms of the Bid Documents if award is made. The bid guarantee shall be in one of the following forms: a bid bond written by an admitted surety insurer on the form included with the proposal form, a cashier’s check drawn by a National bank, a check certified by a National bank or cash. An electronically transmitted copy (FAX) of the bid bond form included in the proposal form may be used, but the form must have the original signatures of the principal and surety. A FAX of the completed bond will not be accepted.
Bidders must have a Class B California Contractors license, and will be required to furnish a Performance Bond and a Payment Bond, each in the amount of 100% of the contract price. In accordance with Section 22300 of the Public Contract Code, securities may be substituted for funds withheld. This is a prevailing wage project. Prevailing wage rates apply. California general prevailing wage rates for construction can be obtained from the following website: http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR/PWD/index.htm..